HEXENS also referred to below as the "Firm," "we," "us," or "our") is committed to protecting your privacy of visitors of to https://hexens.io/ (the "Website") contacts for our clients and prospective clients, contacts for suppliers of goods and services to the Firm, candidates for employment or engagement, and any other individuals (collectively "you") about whom the Firm obtains personal data (described below) and to complying with all applicable data privacy laws.
In this Privacy Notice, "Personal Data" means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by the Firm) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognized directly or indirectly. As used in this Privacy Notice, Personal Information has the same meaning as "personal information," "personal data," "personally identifiable information," or any similar term referenced in applicable law․
This Privacy Notice tells you about HEXENS's practices with respect to the collection, use, processing, storage, transfer, protection, and/or disclosure of Personal Information. HEXENS does not collect, use, or share Personal Information except as described herein.
WHO ARE WE?
At HEXENS, we consider it our responsibility to protect your data and privacy. As a UK company, we have always been subject to one of the strictest data protection laws in the world. HEXENS is a leader in data management and data protection solutions across the globe, offering a variety of data backup and replication software products.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
This Privacy Notice applies to Personal Information (as defined below) that we may collect personal data from several sources:
- Our Website, https://hexens.io/, including any subdomains or affiliated websites that connect to this Privacy Notice, as well as any other Hexens-branded digital properties;
- Interactions with current and prospective customers, including, for example, free product downloads, requests for marketing materials or other product information;
- Professional events, industry conferences, including events hosted or sponsored by Hexens; and
Third-party websites and platforms where your contact information or other Personal Information is public and available to other users.
We will only use your Personal Data if and to the extent that applicable law allows. Aside from publicly available information, Personal Information that HEXENS collects is a function of how you interact with us.
We collect the following personal data:
ACTIVITY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED MAY INCLUDE
Visiting Our Website
- Device identifiers (including IP address);
- The domain name of the Website that directed you to our Website;
- The number of times you have visited our Website;
- The average time spent on a page; and
- What pages you viewed.
- Contact information, including potentially your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences.
Third-Party Sites or Platforms
- Contact information, including potentially your name and email address;
- Any username you may have on that other site or platform; and
- Any other information you may make available to the public or authorized users on that site or platform.
- Contact information; and
- Information about the question or problem you are contacting us about which you choose to provide to us voluntarily.
Your Personal Information will be stored only for the time period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide advice and administer our client relationships, we use Personal Data that you voluntarily submit to us on the Website or during the course of our engagement, regardless of the media used, such as identification data, contact details, and other data that we may process in connection with the provision of legal services.
- To provide relevant marketing, For example, we may use Personal Information to provide marketing and promotional information about products and services that HEXENS offers. Information you have provided to third parties may be combined with information we already have about you and may be used to create more tailored advertising and products. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time, or withdraw your consent to receive such communications, see the section titled "Your Data Privacy Rights."
- To address compliance and legal obligations, such as complying with the Firm's tax reporting obligations, checking the identity of new clients, and preventing money laundering and/or fraud, we use identification data, transaction data, compliance data, and device data. This processing is necessary to comply with legal requirements that apply to the Firm. In addition, job applicant data and compliance data may be used as necessary to comply with legal, regulatory, and corporate governance requirements to which we are subject to.
- To improve our Website. For example, we may use Personal Information to administer our Website and for internal operations of the Website, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes, to improve user experience and as a part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure. We use cookie and device data. This processing is necessary for our legitimate interests to constantly monitor the functionality and user-friendliness of our Website and improve our online presence and services to you.
- Fraud Prevention. For example, we may use Personal Information to prevent, protect against, investigate, or prosecute any fraud, abuse, or other misuse or illegal activity using our products or services.
Except for publicly available information or information we collect via cookies and similar technologies (see below), all the above-mentioned Personal Information is collected from you. In some cases, it is collected from you directly by HEXENS (such as when you input the information into our Website to download certain materials); in other cases, it is collected by a HEXENS partner and shared with HEXENS (such as when (i) you register for an industry conference where HEXENS is a sponsor, (ii) you click on a HEXENS advertisement on a third party platform, (iii) you purchase a product from an authorized reseller of HEXENS products and the order is provided to HEXENS, or (iv) you register for a course related to HEXENS software and/or seek certification from HEXENS).
We may disclose your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law and subject to applicable professional and regulatory requirements regarding confidentiality and professional secrecy. We may disclose your Personal Data to:
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to the Firm, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances and in compliance with applicable laws, you have the right to:
- Access. Subject to certain exceptions , you have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data we are processing about you, which we will provide to you in electronic form. At our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information. If you require multiple copies of your Personal Data, we may charge a reasonable administration fee.
- Rectification. You have the right to require that any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you is amended.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Data that we process about you, unless we are required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data where.
- you believe such data to be inaccurate;
- our processing is unlawful; or
- we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not want us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to request that we transmit the Personal Data we hold in respect of you to another data controller, where this is:
- Personal Data which you have provided to us;
- and we are processing that data on the basis of your consent or in order to perform our obligations under contract to you (such as to provide legal services).
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge
Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the personal information or where data may be exempt from disclosure due to reasons of legal professional privilege or professional secrecy obligations.
HEXENS takes the security of Personal Information seriously. To protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, HEXENS uses risk-based technical and organizational security measures reasonably designed to prevent any unauthorized disclosure or access. For example, HEXENS has implemented strict security controls, intrusion detection software and processes to alert us in the case of a potential or actual intrusion of our information systems. We endeavor to implement technical and organizational security measures in an effort to safeguard the Personal Data in our custody and control. Such measures include, for example, limiting access to Personal Data only to our staff and authorized service providers on a need-to-know basis for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as well as other administrative, technical, and physical safeguards.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY PROTECTION
We understand the importance of protecting children's privacy in the interactive online world. This Website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 13 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which that information was collected as set out in this Privacy Statement or for longer as required under any applicable legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Website may contain links to other sites which are controlled by third parties, for example in the "Insights" section. We also use social media sites, such as LinkedIn and Facebook and third party platform to host events, training and seminars. You should review these other sites' privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility for the information you provide on those sites or their collection and use of your personal information.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a websites. More information about cookies and how they work is available at All About Cookies.
Cookies on our Website are generally divided into the following categories:
- Necessary cookies: They help make a Website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Website. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies
- Marketing cookies: These are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual visitor and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your computer?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options," to exercise choices you have for certain Cookies. If you disable or delete certain Cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Website, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about data privacy, including the processing of Personal Data carried out by us, or on our behalf, please visit our Contact Us form or send us an e-mail at [email protected].
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We hope that this Privacy Partner can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your Personal Data. If you feel, we have not handled your query or concern, to your satisfaction, you can contact us by sending an email or by our contact us form.
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement as our services and privacy practices change, or as required by applicable legal or regulatory requirements. Where it is practicable, we will notify you by email of any significant changes. However, the last update date is posted below, and we encourage you to review this Privacy Statement periodically to be informed of how we use your personal information.